HUMANEYE is an implantable device designed to restore the optimal physiological curvature of the cornea. HUMANEYE reinstates adequate visual conditions through the remodeling of corneas with pathological shape deformations.
HUMANEYE is an implantable device designed to reinstate adequate visual conditions through the remodeling of corneas with pathological deformations to a regular physiological shape (e.g. keratoconus, pellucid marginal degeneration, post corneal refractive surgery ectasia, astigmatism and high order aberrations post penetrating keratoplasty or post DALK). HUMANEYE can be used in several pathologies, being easier and more effective than the existing surgical solutions.
The advantages of HUMANEYE are the remodeling of corneal irregularities:
- without any tissue ablation;
- imposing a physiological geometry defined a-priori;
- correcting the curvature abnormalities of both the anterior and the posterior corneal surfaces;
- with a reversible device implant since it may be removed atraumatically;
- the prototype is defined thanks to collaboration with companies and HUMANEYE products are patent pending.